Reality Check 101

>> Friday, September 19, 2008

So you finally graduated, made it through five tough, excruciating years.....now what? I want to live in Chicago; I want to move to Dubai, can it be possible to get a job in China? Where are the next Olympics, should I move there? Questions, questions and more questions, but only one simple answer, I'm broke and their fore I have to stay a little longer in the Midwest. If you were one of the lucky few, that were blessed with parents that supported you through college and paid your tuition, you basically have the world immediately at your disposal. But for the rest, we face reality check 101 (and don't get me wrong I am not bitter, I hope to be one day be that parent for my kids, if you have the means do indeed pave the way for your child's success).Welcome to my world a recent grad, which spent three months of unemployment, living with mom after what felt like a decade of not living at home. I was counting the days until someone would call me and offer me any job, I would of worked at Walmart I was getting so desperate.I had enough of sitting around, and decided to move in with my boyfriend in Kansas City, it wasn't much of a move after studying in Springfield, and living in St. Louis, but it felt like it, once I transported all my shoes that is ( trust me I got rid of half of my collection by the end). I took all my architecture supplies, drafting board, models, and books, place a lock in a storage facility and basically buried everything for the time being(although I miss my books).So finally I started working and it feels amazing I absolutely loveeeee getting a paycheck on Fridays, and if you thought architects don't make money, try doing something sort of , kind of, a little , similar to your field. Try being an exhibit designer, over all it is the most fun you will ever have at work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Because everything you own needs a home.........