Gourd Art

>> Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My lovely coworker makes the most amazing gourds and I have this new found respect for the art of gourd making. I joined her one day and went through the process of cleaning, scrubbing, drilling the hole, ripping the stuff out, sanding the inside-all necessary prep-work before you can actually work on the gourd. Once this was complete I could actually start laying down my design and applying diff. layers/stains. It really is an act of love because it takes hours and days to make just one perfect gourd.  I'm horrible at documenting my stuff, once I start a project I forget to take a picture of the next step and before I know it-I've finished, but in this case I think it's a good thing, I wouldn't want to give out her secrets of the trade. These were my first two gourds,  after these I went into early retirement, but check her gourds out...she is awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Because everything you own needs a home.........