Midwest Walnut

>> Tuesday, May 4, 2010



I woke up today thinking it be just another bland day. Once at work I decided to go through some old design magazines, for a bit of designer fresh air. This is when I accidentally came across a reception counter I designed for Midwest Walnut last year or was that two years ago, who knows years keeps mixing together lately. I was very excited (jumped up an down like a five year old that just got informed she is going to Disney) I really need to learn to control my excitement at times. There is something about seeing your stuff in the glossy pages of a magazine. I told my coworkers if I ever saw my work in Architecture Record I most likely faint.

I attached the article from February's Exhibitor Magazine as well as actual pictures of the counter when it was still in the shop. Also a third rendering showing a glass top, which was a proposed idea thrown out the window.

The article does not mention my company, or my name, still feels pretty cool in my book.  Over all today was a good and exciting day. Now I must get back to work and checking all these magazines out...just to make sure i haven't been published before without knowing =).

Article: (with my personal comments)

When is a reception desk more than just a reception desk? (guess the author was feeling philosophical that day)When it's a product display and a three-dimensional company logo as well. (Yeah, tell that to my boss that thought I was crazy)Midwest Walnut turned its easily recognizable "MW" logo into a large walnut reception counter in its in-line exhibit during the 2009 International Builders Show. (Holly Molly Midwest Walnut went to the international builders show, that's awesome...wait a minute why don't they ever mention me =(, it's like i don't exist jejeje). The innovative, angular reception desk not only helped to brand the company's booth space while doing double duty as a functional exhibit element, it also served as a conversation starter and effective product display, showing off the beauty of Midwest Walnut woods.(you guys were good clients, and I'm sure you said Thanks, but just in case I forgot, your Welcome.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Because everything you own needs a home.........